Folding Trailer - Boat
$1,595 + Delivery
NSW, QLD, VIC & ACT - $125
WA, SA, NT, TAS - $195
KEEPING IT SIMPLE
The BoatHoist folding aluminum boat trailer is made from structural grade aluminum and is ideal for people who take a cartopper tinnie when towing a caravan or camper trailer.
The folding boat trailer is designed for easy storage when towing a caravan and can be assembled into 2 travel packs that can be mounted on the caravan bumper bar or quickly separated into 5 smaller parts if you have limited storage options.
Please view the FAQ section at the bottom of this page.
- Light weight aluminum with crush bars that only weighs 40kg
- RMS approved with VIN# and compliance plate
- Can be registered in all Australian states
- Assembles in under 10 minutes
- Will tow safely at 100km/h
- 8" wheels with Holden bearings
- Suits tinnies up to 3.85m
- Caravan bumper bar mounts are also available
- Made in Australia with a 3 year structural warranty
We supply our folding aluminum boat trailer direct to our customers so you are dealing with the manufacturer NOT a salesman. The folding boat trailer can be freighted direct to your door in all Australian states or you can pick up from our Nelson Bay workshop.
You will need to supply your own trailer light board for registration.
Folding Trailer Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. All Folding Trailers must be built in accordance with the following Australian Standard. National Code of Practice: Vehicle Standards Bulletin 1, Revision 5 June 2009. The BoatHoist Folding Trailer is approved by the N.S.W Roads and Maritime Services, comes with a VIN number and compliance plate and can be registered in all Australian states. All you need is a trailer light board and you are right to go.
No, our trailers are pre-approved so no weighbridge ticket is required.
The speed rating that you can tow your folding trailer does not depend on the tyre size. The BoatHoist folding boat trailers are fitted with 8” integral wheels that are rated to 130km/h and run standard Holden wheel bearings. The reason some manufacturers limit the tow speed of their trailers is because the poor trailer design results in their trailer getting the wobbles. The BoatHoist Folding Trailer will tow safely at 100km/h and can be towed long distances on sealed roads with no problems.
Our trailer weighs 40kg without the hand winch and 42kg with the winch fitted. Compare this to a steel folding trailer and our trailer is about half the weight.
Absolutely. Aluminum is used in all forms of craft construction from cars to aircraft to high speed trains. Your tinnie is made of aluminum – your not worried about IT breaking are you? The difference between steel and aluminium lies in the welding. A steel weld is just as strong as the parent metal but the strength of an aluminum weld depends on its size. The key to the success of our trailer design lies in the fact that we transfer load stresses directly from section to section using bolts, not through the weld itself thus avoiding material failure.
Three reasons as follows:
1) Pin connections or hinged connections can wear, particularly with aluminium as it is not as hard as steel and this will reduce the life of the trailer. The same thing applies to telescoping sections as they can get a buildup of dust and salt or the sections can get bent all of which will stop them sliding together.
2) Pinned and hinged connections have a degree of movement. It is this movement that affects how the trailer tows. As you increase speed the trailer starts to wobble, the faster you go the more the trailer wobbles. This is why some manufacturers have a speed limit on their trailer. The bolted connections on the BoatHoist Folding Trailer eliminate any joint movement so our folding aluminum trailer does not wobble and will tow safely at 100 km/h.
3) By bolting our trailers we have the option of packing the trailer into two travel packs, the drawbar and the axle assembly that can be mounted on your caravan or the trailer can be separated into up to 5 separate pieces giving you plenty of options for storage.
The Drawbar pack is 2.1m long and weighs 12kg. The axle pack is 1.1m long and weighs 28kg. You can also separate our trailer into 5 separate pieces if needed.
Yes we have a bracket that will fit onto a 50 x 50 or 50 x 75 RHS bumper bar and this will support the axle assembly. The drawbar assembly can be carried on the roof with your cartopper tinnie, across the rear of the caravan our it will even fit into a through boot of your caravan. Please request this when ordering.
Our folding trailer is rated to 250kg and is 4.1metres long when assembled. It will safely carry a 3.95metre aluminum boat in saying that, we recommend the best size for a cartopper boat should be a maximum size of 3.75metres.
The folding trailer does not come with lights. You need to supply your own trailer light board. These are available from most boating and automotive stores across Australia and should be hung off the back of the boat when towing.
We do not recommend you use our trailer as a replacement for a full time steel boat trailer. Our trailer, like all other folding trailers, is designed for part-time use to and from the caravan park to the nearest boat ramp.
Yes, we have a folding trailer to suit inflatable boats up 4.2metres in length. Please refer to http://www.boathoist.com.au/inflatable-folding-trailer/
Yes, we also have a folding aluminum trailer to suit kayaks. The cross bars are 1.5metres wide and the trailer can carry one or two kayaks. It is also ideal for large Hobbie fishing kayaks and the Hobbie adventure island kayak with outriggers. The kayak trailer comes with 4 kayak supports but the standard Hobbie cradles will also bolt straight onto our cross bars. Please refer to http://www.boathoist.com.au/folding-trailer-kayak-fold-up/